Tuesday, October 10, 2006

The Monument for immature boys.

I was a Boy-Scout and believe it or not I had a scout leader think that it would be a pretty cool idea for our troop to check this out on a field trip. What was he thinking? We actually went and toured the site. Oddly it was there that I learned what a body cavity search was. Not that I was privvy to one, but the tour guide was stressing the security measures they take at a nuclear facility. This was before the Clinton era when we traded these secrets for recipies of crispy honey shrimp. I suppose they don't do body cavity searches anymore, unless Bill thought that was a good idea secrets or not. Anyway that was all I learned there that day. I think I had my Atomic Energy Merit Badge already prior to the trip, so this was just an outing for entertainment.



I think the designer of this plant was a cartoonist for Playboy magazine. He just had to be. I am still trying to figure out how this design won out against the more traditional smokestack look. Maybe they thought that if they ever shut down they could sell the thing to a plastic surgeon to reopen it as a clinic or maybe it could be the venue for the worlds largest strip club.
I wonder if they will sag with age, maybe we will have to come up with some incredibly engineered bra if there is some kind of disaster. Like the sarcophagus at Chernobyl. The question is do we go the tasteful route and hire a Victoria's Secret designer for the project or go all raunchy and get some perv from Fredrick's of Hollywood for the job. Either way, we know that padding won't be necessary.
This is a huge monument to my adolesence for glaringly obvious reasons.

No comments: